Mesa open house

For anyone looking at atp it any school really, you need to drop in for an open house or tour. I’m at the Mesa open house now and it’s invaluable to be talking to current students, instructors, pilots and potential students

Seeing the facility and planes is also pretty awesome

Envoy brought a couple pilots and a 175. Captain just crushed his ad libbed welcome speech.

1 Like

We were given the obligatory cockpit tour and try the seats out thing. First officer gave a really good answer when I said “wow look at all those dials and switches “

“Nah. Just think Basically there is a switch for everything your car does automatically”

3 Likes

Not to mention the instrument panel scan is super easy due to Embraer’s 12 o’clock and dark concept. Notice how most of the switches and dials are oriented in the 12 o’clock position and dark/not illuminated.

Tory

1 Like

People hate on the Ejet, but it’s an awesome plane! Reading through its POH is actually really fun!

Not me. I loved the 145. Great very capable airplane. The people who hate never flew it.

Adam

I bet! Not to completely geek out, but the vortex generators on the 145 was a neat feature! :nerd_face:

I thought the 145 was a nice airplane. The 135 was a little rocket ship.

3 Likes

We were at ExpressJet and had the exclusive rights to the XR model (we had our own engineers design the mods). It had winglets, a belly tank for extra fuel and would cruise at .82. That was the plane Embraer should’ve built in the first place!

Adam

1 Like

Adam,

We had the pleasure of having ExpressJet come to our campus (didn’t come with a plane, unfortunately) and they brought up the fact that they had mods just for their jet. They mainly bragged about the coffee machine onboard… Not saying I don’t like coffee (or that if the crew runs out of coffee an emergency should be declared), but winglets and belly tanks at mach .82 is a bit cooler to hear about haha

Yuran

1 Like