Materials to study before enrollment

Hello everyone,

I’m new to the community and I’m coming in with an interest in enrolling with ATP so I could fulfill my dream of becoming an airline pilot. I recently completed an one hour introductory flight lesson which solidified my love of my flying. I’ve been browsing this forum along with doing my research on various flight schools and I keep coming back to ATP due to the fixed-cost and time of completion. I’m currently saving up money and don’t plan to enroll until early 2019 but I would like to prepare myself before I actually enroll. Are there any books or other materials that I should study between now and when I do plan on enrolling?

Thank you everyone!

1 Like

Tai,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for introducing yourself.

I would recommend taking as many of the FAA writtens as possible before your start date. Keep in mind that they expire after two years, so don’t get too eager. You can read more about that here: https://atpflightschool.com/faqs/acpp-prep-written-knowledge-tests.html

Chris

Thank you Chris. Another question, do I have to be enrolled in ATP before being able to access the knowledge tests?

Tai,

You don’t have to be enrolled to take any of the exams but the ATP supplied study materials will not be available to you until you do. You can use Sporty’s Study Buddy for your Private written which is free but beyond that you’ll either have to purchase the materials on your own or wait till you enroll.

Adam

Thank you Adam