3/29 LAS LayOver
3/30 LAS-HNL
3/31 Off

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Adam,

Seems like a pretty good schedule!

Yuran

I enjoyed it. Just have to stay away from the tables in LAS!

Adam

3 Likes

Should be a problem if you can count cards! :wink:

Yuran

Hey Adam what time does your trips usually start or are they morning and night flights?

Tre,

I get them all. We do west coast trips 3-4 times a day starting from early am to the redeyes late in the evening. Most of the Asia trips start in the afternoon or early evening but they all return as redeyes as well.

Adam

Sounds sweet Adam! This is beside the point of aviation, but I am taking a family trip to Hawaii before I start at ATP. You have any recommendations on which island & resorts to stay on (have a Marriott employee discount) and attractions to see outside of places that pop up on a quick google search. (I’m a big fan of pool bars and outdoor activities)

Tre,

It really depends on your taste and what you and your family enjoy. Each island has it’s own personality and attractions. Honolulu is obviously the most popular (and the most touristy). If you plan on coming here I encourage you to get out of Waikiki and explore the North, East and West shores. Kauai is very tropical. Very scenic and beautiful landscapes. Maui is also somewhat touristy and somewhat expensive but there’s Haleakala which is epic. Than of course there’s the Big Island where the volcano is and you can (and should) check out the lava as that’s truly a once in a lifetime experience. All the islands have pool bars and tons of outdoor activities. Again it really depends on what you like.

Adam

Adam,

How do you like flying into PEK? I know Beijing isn’t everyone’s taste. I lived there for two years and would love to be able to hold it as a line, as I am not sure I will ever get over that city.

Carl

Carl,

If you lived there than you know how much I enjoy PEK can change dramatically with the air quality. When it’s good I LOVE PEK. Magnificent city, great food and culturally fascinating. BUT when that smog rolls in not so much. When landing the visibility is minimal and you instantly feel it in your throat despite the extensive filtration system we have. I’ve been lucky as I’ve had many more good days than bad so overall I’m a fan.

Adam

1 Like

I notice you have a lot of days off away from home, what do you typically do on those days?

Jon,

I wouldn’t call 4 days off away from home a lot? But when I travel I try and enjoy the local culture. That’s probably the greatest perk of the job, getting to travel, see the world and enjoy the different cities. Food, museums, sports events, you name it. Some people are afraid to venture but I’ve found you can always find some kind soul to take pity on you and get you heading in the right direction. I actually love getting lost :slight_smile:

Adam

1 Like

Adam,

I just had a quick question I really wanted to ask, on your scedule what do you mean by class??

I’m a Ground Instructor. I was teaching on those days.

Adam

Adam,

I don’t know all the airport codes but I see a lot of the same ones on your schedules. Do you fly to certain destinations like Japan and China or do widebody pilots fly to all the Hawaiian destinations? I see you have trips to JFK and LAS but I’ve never noticed a trip to places like Australia or Tahiti. Just wondering if you only flew to certain locations. Have you started back doing interisland routes yet?

Jeremy,

I’m senior enough that I can really get (or trade) for the trips I like (for the most part). PEK and JFK generally go very senior but I can even grab one of those every now and then. I do alot of Japan because I simply like those trips. Good money, good overnights, great food. Still can’t speak the language.

I go to upgrade training 10/10. Wish me luck! I’m already typed in the airplane so I’m getting the “short course”. Everyone says it comes right back but I’m very good at dumping information so we’ll see?

Adam

Best of luck in upgrade training. Enjoy the short flights and being home every night.

Oh I will!

Adam

What are your thoughts on this? Hope everything with training is going good :+1:t2::+1:t2:

Other than the fact it’s annoying that the Governor ok’d and thing this will be “good for Hawaii” I’m less than concerned. SWA has been talking about coming to Hawaii for almost 10yrs and Hawaiian has anticipated their arrival. I know people on the inside at SWA and they’re real interest is picking up some cargo and appeasing their frequent flyers who have been clamoring for this. Nothing to see here move on…

Training is delightful.

Adam