Male pilot hair rules

What are the general hair rules for male airline pilots? The pictures show how lo my hair is now. Would this length be acceptable as long as I kept it well combed and groomed?image|375x500

Emiliano,

Not sure if you’re joking but have you seen pilots at the airport? Show up to work with hair that length and you’ll be invited to the Chief Pilot’s office for a chat. Actually show up to your interview like that and you won’t ever have to worry about it again :slight_smile:

From my company’s FOM (Flt Ops Manual):
Male Crewmembers: Hairstyle should be conservative and reflect a professional business-like groomed appearance. Hair should not extend past the middle of the ear or extend below the shirt collar.

Adam

1 Like

My company’s policies are almost exactly the same as Adam’s. That hairstyle is not going to work. Think hw military officers have their hair, that is what you will be expected to have.

Chris

Any rules about facial hair?

Imran,

There are plenty but in general I believe only my airline Hawaiian and JetBlue allow beards. For every other US carrier nothing other than a moustache is permitted. Since I have one there are even airlines i have trouble jumpseating on.

Adam

Ok