Looking for advice on a big decision

Hello

I am currently looking to attend flight school. I work as a flight simulator technician for Delta Airlines and I would like to pursue a career as a commercial pilot. I’m wondering if this is the right decision to make. Will I still be able to work while in training (I work the night shift)? I know I would have to leave Delta eventually and take a large pay cut in order to gain experience at a regional carrier. I guess I’m wondering for another perspective if it’s really worth it.

Trenton,

If you attend ATP you will not be able to work while you are in flight school. There are undoubtedly other flight schools that you could attend that will train you at a much slower pace, but that will of course take you considerably longer.

As to whether or not it is the right decision for you, take a look around this website, especially the “Flying The Line” and “Schedules” section, this will give you a good idea of what we do. Of course you could always ask some of the pilots in the sim building as well. At the end of the day though, that is a decision that only you can make.

Chris