Life plan

Hey there how are you, so I have a plan to become an airline pilot I’ve always wanted to be an airline pilot since I was 5 years old. I know it cost a lot of money to become an airline pilot. Since I like trucks too I was thinking of becoming a truck driver for 4 years while I complete my college degree in 4 years because I would need a bachelors degree to become a captain one day at a major airline and I would use some of the money as a truck driver to save up for flight school. I would already have my own apartment and my life but when I go to the flight school I would want to go to ATP flight school. But according to their description I would not be able to work and attend flight school. So would I have to move back in with my parents for the next 2 years while i complete ATP Flight School?! Or is there any way to keep living on my own and go to ATP flight school. Thank you for your time

Thomas,

Take a look:

Adam

Thomas,

The Flex Track program is designed for people who need to work while in the program. To clear something up, you will need a college degree to be hired by a major airline, not just to be a Captain there. I would imagine that driving trucks full time and going to college at the same time would also be rather difficult, but I am certainly not an expert not he trucking industry.

Chris

Well I was thinking doing online college courses. While I’m on the sleeper cab I’d be doing online college courses and also thank you for your response.