Legalities and boundaries of obtaining first class medical with a legal past

Im looking for advice on getting a first class medical while on probation and how/who do I contact for legal advice regarding obtaining the medical. Im looking to hopefully contact and aviation lawyerof some sorts. Thanks for everyones time.
Also I was a student at one point.
Got into a little bit of trouble AFTER the student medical expired

Robert,

It really depends on what the nature of your crimes were. Do you mind sharing more specifics?

Whether you had a medical or not at the time of the crime makes no difference at all. The FAA and the airlines are simply concerned with what transpired and the severity of it.

Chris

Robert,

I think you’d be better served talking to an AME vs a lawyer. They can tell you exactly where you stand.

Adam

Very grateful for the replies. Narcotics posession2012. Are behavioralhealth records requested as well upon application? My uncle was like a father to me and passed away very young and was my mentor and flight instructor. After he passed I “rode the slopes” for a while per say.first offenders for the possesion

What is AME

Robert,

Sorry, I shouldn’t have assumed. An AME is an Aviation Medical Examiner and they’re the guys who perform and issue the medicals for the FAA. They’re a tremendous source of info and can best assist you with any questions. Simply Google AME in your area and you’re sure to find a few.

Adam

Robert,

You will likely have a very hard time getting hired at an airline with that kind of background. I am not sure about your mental health records, but they could very well be subject to scrutiny as well. You really need to check with an FAA AME to see if you can get a first class medical. If you can get the medical, your next step is to contact the recruiting departments of several regional airlines and see how they will look at your past.

Chris