KPIE, Here I Come!

Well after several delays it feels good to finally be able to say that I am now enrolled for KPIE, starting on 8/12/19.

Thanks to all the members and mentors for your quick responses and support thus far, is has been greatly appreciated!

Now, time to get cracking on those writtens!

1 Like

I am glad to hear that you are taking the plunge and that you are planning on taking the writtens early.

Keep us in the loop, please.

Chris

Congrats Michael,

When knocking out the writtens remember you don’t need to understand the content you just need to know the answers as the understanding will come later with your instructor and putting it in action. Sheppard is weird to use at first but I drank the kool aid and am now a huge supporter of it!!

Good luck and can’t wait to see your updates!

1 Like

Thanks!

You’ll love pie. St pete’s a cool town

1 Like

Just took the IRA and FII writtens and passed! There definitely is a method behind Sheppard’s madness, and quite simply, it works! About 1/3 of the questions were on both of them, so that sped things up a little bit.

I studied 4-5 hours a day for 3 days (Mon.-Wed.), then took a practice test yesterday (got 100 on that), then took writtens this morning. I got a 97 and 98 on them, respectively.
Now to start studying for CAX!

1 Like

Michael,

Good work. Congrats!

Chris

1 Like

CAX completed this morning, got a 95%!
(2 questions I knew I probably got wrong, 2 foolish mistakes I should have got right, and a NEW question, which I’ve reported to Sheppard Air.)

Hoping to take the FIA and FOI early-mid next week, and then all writtens will be out of the way.

I know I’ve been ranting and raving a wee bit about being a new found fan of Sheppard Air, but I’ll repeat what I’ve said before in that it works!

There was a gentleman in the testing center from another school also taking the CAX. He did not use Sheppard and started his test about 15 minutes before me. When I left after finishing mine (just under 1 hour), he was still working on his, clearly had only gotten just past the halfway mark, and judging by the huffing/puffing/sighing coming out of him, he was clearly struggling with it. Follow their process and it pays off! :grinning:

1 Like

Michael,

Good work, keep it up. Only a few written tests left.

Chris

Completed the FIA and FOI this morning, got a 97% and 96%, respectively.
All mandatory writtens are out of the way, and I certainly feel a lot better!

Am I correct in assuming since the AGI and IGI are not mandatory, if one wants to take them, you can at your own expense (both your own expense for Sheppard Air, if you choose to study with it, and the test itself?) Or can you take the tests for free at an ATP location?

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks, Tory!
Sorry, should have searched the site before I opened my mouth! :grinning:

All good, Michael.

Michael,

Good work on the writtens. Yes, the additional exams would be at your own expense.

Chris

1 Like

Great job on the writtens Micheal. I am starting in September and just passed the Private, on to IRA. Quick question for you; the Sheppard software I got specifically says not to try to take the FII by studying just the IRA. Is that what you did or did you have access to Sheppard for both? Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks, Samuil!

I noticed it says that too, but the IRA and FII share the same question bank, more or less. (I believe there are a couple possible questions that could be on FII and not FIA, but not very many at all.)

I followed the advice of the others on here, and took them back to back, just studying for FIA in Sheppard (and not both.)

When I took the tests, not only did I not have any questions on the FII that weren’t included in the FIA study bank, but I actually got a bunch of questions (close to 1/3) that were the same on both tests, which made it easier!

I also actually did slightly better on the FII than FIA.

So I’d say you’d be pretty safe ignoring that message, doing the FIA study module, and taking the tests back to back.

Good to know! I’ll try to take them on the same day as well, or maybe a day later. Good luck to you; August 12 is fast approaching!

1 Like