Just starting my research phase

Hannah,

No medical exam required for an intro flight. Just go have fun and hopefully learn a thing or two.

You are right about needing the medical exam before starting ATP.

Chris

Hi everyone! I’m Jama Hassan and I’m really interesting to become a pilot I’m 36 years old truck driver Minnesota resident, and I don’t have any degrees so I wonder if I can still become major pilot? my dream airline is united and delta and I’m really interesting atp program willing to start this coming summer.
Thanks Jama

Jama,

While you can get hired by a Regional without a degree the Majors want one. While it’s not unheard of your chances of getting hired without a degree are very slim.

Adam

1 Like

Thank you very much

Hey guys,

Dredging this thread up again because I’ve been perusing and found another question.

So I saw on someone else’s thread that when they showed up for their Intro Flight they were asked if they had their headset (which they did not and said they were “fortunate” that the place had a spare set). So my question is … do I need to purchase my headset before I take my Intro Flight? I’ve got my flight scheduled for next month, so I’ve got some time if I need to purchase it now, but was just wondering if I didn’t get it in time would there be a headset available for me when I went there?

Also, now that I’m thinking about it, I was planning on wearing Business Casual dress when I went to take my flight (since I’ve been reading that even while doing your free flying when you’ve been hired you should be in at least Business Casual no matter what). Is that ok or would I be over-dressed for the Intro Flight at that point? Just trying to be prepared :slight_smile:

Hannah,

I think I remember reading that thread and shaking my head. Not sure where you’re doing your Intro Flight but no one expects you to have a headset before you start training. As for dress you’re really worrying to much. Biz casual is probably a bit much. Be comfortable, I just wouldn’t show up looking like a slob which I’m sure you wouldn’t.

Relax and have fun!

Adam

I don’t think you need your own headset. A lot of the instructors carry a
spare. If you want to know for sure, I would email Admissions. They can
reach out to the instructor that you have been assigned to and ask them if
they have an extra one.

Business casual is perfect, but not required for your intro flight. Most
people just show up in casual clothes. Here is a photo of what the students
wear. The girls wear the same thing.

Tory

As always, thank you Adam and Tory!

Trying to remain calm, and it’s not really nerves it’s just adrenaline lol. But thank you for
easing my issue about dress and the headset!

1 Like