Just an Introduction

Hey all. I wanted to take a brief moment to introduce myself to the board and thank the mentors for providing a wealth of knowledge. At 33 years old, I’m not the youngest person to make the leap towards flying for a career…but I’m thankful for the opportunity to be able to do so. I completed my introduction flight over the weekend and am now enrolled at the Ogden, Utah location (OGD) for late August. I’ll be starting the program with my PPL but, after watching a few ATP Training videos, I can tell I will be pushed to improve upon many of the tasks I have grown complacent in over the years, resulting in safer, more professional flying.

I’m leaving my job as a project manager at a large company this summer to pursue the dream. To say I am excited is a gross understatement.

Thanks again to the mentors and cheers to the other current/future students,

Trey

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Trey!

You’re definitely right that you will be pushed but that’s a good thing. I’m sure there was nothing wrong or deficient in your PPL training but there’s a HUGE difference between flying for recreation vs professionally. Glad you’ve found the forum beneficial. Feel free to ask any and all and once again welcome.

Adam

Best of luck Trey!

Adam,

Trey’s post sparked a question in me, and I would like some advice. If one were to go into the program with a PPL, but felt they was lacking in a lot of areas, and lacked the confidence a PPL should have, would it be advantageous to start ATP from scratch? Wouldn’t it be a greater chance of failure if one had their PPL but were behind schedule in a sense as far as skill is concerned?

Trey,

Thank you for the introduction. Please keep us up to date as you go through the program and feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Chris

Allen,

If you have a PPL, but feel that your knowledge and skills are not up to speed, I would most certainly recommend additional training before starting the program. That being said, starting the program from scratch seems a bit drastic. I would look into doing a few refresher flights at a local flight school, my bet is you will find that within a few hours, you are right up to speed.

Chris

1 Like