Is ATP right for me?

Hello all,

I’ve been looking into ATP for a few days and reading as much as I can from the threads here but one information still eludes me.

I have a Bachelor’s degree from a Federal University in Nigeria, moved to the US over 2 years ago and I’m a legal permanent resident. However, I read somewhere that one needs an Associate Degree at least to be considered for admission into ATP. Since I don’t plan to go back to the classroom anytime soon, would my BSc. from Nigeria suffice if I were to seek admission into ATP, or become a major airline pilot in the future?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Daniel.

Daniel,

If you have a bachelor’s degree, you should be fine as is. I would look into if it is considered to be a bachelor’s by universities in the US. If it is, you should be good to go.

Chris

Daniel,

A Bachelors degree trumps a Associates. As long as your degree can be verified and authenticated you’ll be fine.

Adam

Chris and Adam, I appreciate your fast responses. I know colleges here request an evaluation of foreign degrees before they can be accepted, so I wasn’t sure if ATP does the same. No matter how ‘less standard’ my degree might be considered to be, I’m sure even after evaluation, the least it can be equivalent to is an Associate’s. In any case, I should be good to go.

Thanks again.

Daniel,

Anytime. Let us know how else we can be of help.

Chris

Update: I reached out to ATP this morning on the telephone, they assured me that my degree will be accepted once I’m ready to commence my training. One less problem to worry about.

Thanks, all.

Daniel.

1 Like

Daniel,

Anytime, let us know how else we can help you.

Chris

1 Like