I took the plunge

Well, I paid the fee to reserve my date of July 13th at Jacksonville. My wife and I will be moving down about a month before from Chattanooga TN. I guess I am now officially an ATP student.

7 Likes

Matthew,

Congratulations on signing up for the program. Thank you for the update, please keep them coming.

Now get cracking on those written exams!

Chris

I have been studying already, and I have 12 flight hours. I was using Gleim ground school, but I can already tell that I like king better. Does anyone know if I will have the option to continue using king or is Shepard the only option after private. Thanks in advance.

Congrats on the start date Matthew and wishing all the best!

You can use either King’s or Sheppard Air for your IRA (Instrument Rating Airplane). Sheppard Air covers your CAX (Commercial Pilot Airplane), FOI (Fundamentals of Instructing), FIA (Flight Instructor Airplane), FII (Flight Instructor Instrument), and if you decide to go for the Gold Seal CFI - AGI or IGI.

I took my IRA and FII together, proceeded by the CAX, just finished my FIA and currently on the FOI.

Congrats, Matthew,

I concur with Brady, Sheppard Air is a quick and cheap way to knock out those writtens.

1 Like

Matthew,

Don’t knock the Sheppard till you try it. It’s really very effective.

Adam

1 Like

Matthew,

I would say extremely effective! I’ve never been a test taker, but man after following the study strategy that Sheppard Air has in placed, I have received nothing below a 96% on my writtens. Just took the FIA the other day and got a 97%. Follow their study strategy and man, you’ll be golden.

Brady

1 Like

Thanks for all the comments, I will definitely start Shepard’s open minded after my private test. It looks like I’ll be aiming to get that test knocked out toward the end of next week in Nashville hopefully.

1 Like

I don’t want to start a new thread for a simple question, so I’ll ask here. My wife is into shirts and hoodies, we kind of collects them as life events happen. She has hers from undergrad, and grad school. I do online undergrad, so no hoodies from there and she doesn’t like the one that pilot mall sells for atp. The question is, are there any other places that make atp apparel, something more like a vintage college hoodie for example. Thanks in advance.

Awe why not the PilotMall?!?

Who knows, I don’t wear hoodies. I guess it’s not the right look.

this is the one she wears from her grad school.

Actually, the ATP Alumni Association just started passing out hoodies at the alumni receptions. They are free to ATP graduates who attend one of our receptions.

So hang in there for a few months and she can have one once you finish the program :slight_smile:

Here is my wife wearing one that she picked up at our alumni reception last night:

4 Likes