How to get started

Hello
I have so many questions but I’ll try to separate all my questions in different posts to keep them short.
I do not have any experience so I’ll be starting from scratch. When do classes start? Are they all year round? I know about the check ride, financial aid, etc. But, i was hoping for someone to elaborate on everything/requirements I need to start the program.
If accepted, what do I need to bring with me? IPad, flight books, etc. Thank you

Have you looked at the Frequently Asked Questions section or ATPs Website? There is a plethora of information on both the website and around this forum. When I first came across this forum, I spent several days just searching for my questions, researching, and reading. Chances are, the questions you have have already been answered before…probably more than once.

The mentors here always do an excellent job answering questions in great detail…take advantage of their prior efforts by looking around a bit.

Welcome aboard, Trey

Jordan,

Please check out the FAQ section. Thanks.

Chris

Jordan,

I respectfully ask that you spend a moment or 2 on the ATP website (www.atpflightschool.com). EVERYTHING you asked is detailed there.

Adam

Will do and currently doing so thanks. There is just so many questions and even more answers to keep track of everything. On this site, is there a way to search for questions that relate to the questions I want answered? Or basically read as many as I can haha. I know it probably gets annoying when you get people, like me, that ask the same questions over and over again that others asked already. Sorry. Thanks for the help guys

Jordan,

We don’t get annoyed at all but it does give me pause when people ask for information that is readily available on the site. You see should you decide to pursue a career in aviation much of your training (both in the beginning and more importantly at the airline level) will require self-study. That means you’ll be provided the books and manuals but it’s incumbent on YOU to find it. I fear many people wrongly believe that you simply pay the tuition, show up and ATP will make you a pilot. Nothing could be further from the truth. The reason I frequently answer questions by telling people where to find the information is to get them started on the right path.

Btw, you see the little magnifying glass up and to the right? That’s the search function for this site. Ask away.

Adam

Jordan,

There is a search function that works rather well. Also, the FAQs are very in depth.

Chris

Wow.

Cody,

Wow what? I ask because if it’s what I think you may be banned.

Adam

1 Like