How long until financial comfort?

I’m aware that when you first get started things will be pretty tight financially, especially with the new debt from training. But approx how long after the program would it be until you can live a bit more comfortably and not paycheck to paycheck?

Trey,

I would say when you get to a regional, take a look at their pay scales. Of course this all depends on what you consider to be comfortable.

Chris

Trey,

“Comfort” is an INCREDIBLY subjective word.

Adam

1 Like

Fair enough. I suppose I’m really asking about financial security as a whole. As in, there won’t be too many times where you’re struggling to find work? Most go into Regionals right after being a CFI right? It’s more or less a seemless transition depending on where you don’t mind getting stationed?

Trey,

If you had asked that question a few years ago I would’ve said if you’re looking for financial security you should chose a different career. Fortunately, for the most part, things have improved greatly, particularly at the Regional level. There is no question the US and the World are suffering from a pilot shortage. What that means is if you get all you licenses and ratings, have a clean record (incl min checkride busts) and build the required 1500hrs, you WILL get hired. Again this was not the way it was and I know many pilots who gave up trying due to the level of competition and their inability to get hired after training. But that was then and it’s forecast not to change for a while.

Adam