How good is the ground school software program provided by ATP?

I’m starting ATP with my private certificate early next year and I want to know if anyone can tell me how good is the ground school program provided by ATP. I’m currently using Kings Schools for my private and I think they do a pretty good job. Anyhow, I’m thinking about buying kings school from zero to pro ground school program to use while at ATP but I want to know if the one provided by ATP is similar or better so I don’t spend my money to get something that I won’t need.

Thank you!

Kevin,

I’ve always been a fan of the King’s and they do an excellent job. That said ATP has providing their students with EVERYTHING necessary to be successful for over 30yrs both in the air and on the ground. I will say the King’s definitely do a lot more hand holding and walking you through every subject. That is not the ATP way. ATP prepares it’s students for a career in the airlines where there is no hand holding. Your choice and your money but frankly if the ground school provided by ATP isn’t sufficient I can promise you it won’t get easier at the airlines.

Adam

Kevin,

I actually used the King Schools video series for all of my written tests, but I did them before applying to ATP. The series that ATP provides is pretty darn good, the majority of the students just use them.

If you do buy something else, I encourage you to buy used from eBay, the material just doesn’t change that much.

Chris

Kevin,

ATP has actually improved their ground school outline over the years. As
Chris and Adam mentioned they used King Schools.

Nowadays, ATP uses a blend of King Schools, ASA, AOPA, and some of their
own. The lessons are chopped up into bite size pieces with textbook
references to supplement each lesson. Progress is tracked online.

Instructors still give in person ground lessons. The way I did it was print
out the Self Study Lessons and use them as checklists. This helped ensure
that the students were making sense of what they were learning, and it was
a way for me to cover all of my bases.

Tory

Thank you for taking your time to respond to my inquiry.

Anytime. Let us know how else we can help!