Housing Questions

I had a couple of quick questions on the ATP provided housing, if someone could provide the answers (most of these are just pure curiosity).

I understand the housing is discounted for CFI’s, is is the same housing as regular students? I.e., could there be a CFI living with students, or do they try to segregate the CFI’s into their own apartments?

If you (the student) have to go away from home base for CFI school (5 weeks?) but know you will be going back to your home base to teach afterwards, would they make you move out of the apartment for those 5 weeks? (i.e., empty all of your belongings out)?

Just curious, not that I’d be bringing many personal possessions as I’m in the process of selling them all off to make the leap, lol, but just curious as to how that process works.

Thank you

Michael,

There’s no standard procedure. It varies since the locations are different sizes. When I taught at SAC, we had two units. So, we put the students in one, instructors in the other. In RAL and OAK, there was only one unit. So, we shared.

No one will expect you to move your things out of housing during CFI school. You can choose to or you may transfer locations (though transferring is very uncommon and only happens if absolutely necessary).

After CFI school, typically, students return to their home base and finish their add-ons. Since that’s the case, there’s no reason to move out. There have been some cases when some students have needed to finish their add-ons away from base, but I don’t think it’s common anymore since the timeline changed from 6 months to 9.

Hope that helps. Admissions will be able to answer these kinds of questions too.

Tory

Yes, that helps tremendously, thank you for the info. and quick response!

I’m very close to pulling the trigger (just finishing up getting household finances, etc. in order, etc.) and have my PPL checkride scheduled for this coming Sunday, so I’d be starting with my PPL. Possibly looking to start in July or August.

Currently eyeing possibly the Tampa location, but still doing some final research before committing.

Thanks again!
-Mike

1 Like