Real Answers from Real Pilots

Headset

Do you guys think the Bose A20 headset is worth $1,050? Not to sure. Any advice would be helpful.

Miguel,

Take a look here Headsets

Short answer? YES!!!

Adam

Find someone that has one and put it on for 10 seconds, you’ll be very impressed. One small downside however, I’ve been flying and noticed changes in sound to the aircraft that someone using a bose w/PNR did not detect…advantage or disadvantage? Hmmmm🤔 Long run probably worth every penny. I’ll probably upgrade to a Bose soon.

@mcounts25 I’ve flown with a David Clark and Bose headset. I currently have a Bose X headset and will be using it for the foreseeable future. Bose is hands down the best aviation headset company. My Dad has a lightspeed sierra headset and while it works just fine, I prefer my Bose all day long. Now, the A20 is expensive, but if you compare it evenly to say the lightspeed PFX or Zulu 2 the prices are pretty close. Bottom line, if you’re going to be flying a lot, at least get a noise cancelling headset, I’ve been perfectly happy with my Bose X, but they are hard to find nowadays.

I have to put in a plug for the Clarity Aloft, I’ve been using it for a few months and it is amazing. Just another option to look into. I know Bose is an amazing headset and it was definilty hard to choose between Bose and the one I have now, but the in ear and how light weight it is makes it extremely comfortable, you won’t even know it’s on your head! It doesn’t have active noise cancelling, but it does extrelmy well.