Former Pilot Looking to Return to Aviation - will ATP accommodate?

Hello,
I was a professional pilot a long time ago (nearly 20 years since I flew an aircraft), but I am now nearing a point where I’d like to return to the profession. My qualifications are:

Private, Commercial, Instrument, SEL and MEL
860 TT
600 ME (approximately) most of it turbine time on the Dash-8

After 20 years, I need a pretty comprehensive refresher. In fact, I figure I’d like to go through pretty much all the training an ab initio student would experience. I’d also need to become an instructor and build more time before being ATP qualified.

My question is this: Would ATP take a rusty pilot like myself and train me up to standards, or do they only stick with zero-timers and PPL types? I think my situation is a bit unusual, but ATP sounds like a good way to go with respect to immersive and comprehensive training.

I appreciate any thoughts on the matter. Thanks in advance!

Robert,

In theory I’m sure they would (I recommend you call admin for confirmation). At first glance it sounds like overkill but 6mos training daily and earning your CFIs might not be a bad way to go?

I’d give them a call.

Adam

Robert,

ATP will take you, but there will not be any reduction in cost or the time frame. You will go through the same program as everybody else, you just will not take check rides for the phases that you have already accomplished.

Honestly, that sounds like over kill to me. I think you could likely be brought up to speed with far less flight time. I would of course recommend getting your CFIs so you can build the rest of the flight time you need for the airlines.

Chris

Thanks Adam! I appreciate the good feedback!

Chris, thanks I appreciate your quick and helpful response!

Rob

Anytime. Let us know how else we can help you.