Foreign Private Pilot License

I have a Private Pilot License in the Philippines. Can I use that to start Studying in ATP flight school and start their program Airline Career Pilot Program? Please reply. Thanks

Edgar,

You will need to contact the admissions department for an official answer, but I believe that you would need to take your license to the FAA and have a US private license issued first.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the answer. How I will contact the admission department? Did you know how many months it will take to have license issued in the FAA? I’m a green card holder and thinking if I will continue my studies here or in the philippines.

Edgar

Edgar,

The admissions department can be reached at 800-255-2877. I am really not sure about how long the FAA will take to review your license, you would have to ask them.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the Reply. I will just ask the admission department to have an official answer.

Edgar

Edgar,

Here’s a link from the AOPA that goes into detail the process: https://www.aopa.org/training-and-safety/pic-archive/flight-training-ratings-and-proficiency/foreign-pilot-certification

Adam