Foreign degree

Hello. I have bachelor degree in Marketing acquired in Ukraine. Would it be considered as a normal degree to apply for atp school or to apply for a major airline?

I moved to USA and now I am also planning to apply to schools in USA for 1 year programm to get my masters degree in business. Will it make any sense or I should start college all over again because nobody cares about Ukrainian degree? Thank you

Anna,

As long as there’s some way to verify your degree you should be fine.

Please know that to train with ATP you must be a citizen or have permanent resident status.

Adam

Hi Anna,

I am a US citizen who did her Master’s degree in England. In order for that to mean anything here in the States, I had to have my transcript evaluated by an organization that does such things and have my grades translated into their US equivalents. If the US recognizes your school as accredited, having the evaluation done shouldn’t be a problem as long as you can get a hold of your records (and can pay a fee for the service). If you’re interested, I’ll do some digging ('cause this was decades ago) and see if I can figure out who did mine.

Cheers,

Laura

Thank you so much for your reply. I am citizen of US. Can I ask you which way I can verify my degree?

If you can please let me know which organization made a transcript for you?

and How to see if US recognizes my school as accredited.

I am really not experienced in that. I would really appreciate your help.

Certainly! Give me some time to dig up the info, and I’ll let you know.

Cheers,

Laura

1 Like

Hi again, Anna,

The company that evaluated my foreign degree was Josef Silney & Associates, Inc; although looking online, there appear to be a number of these types of companies, so you could do some price comparisons. I think as long as the company you choose is a member of NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services), which Silney is, you should be okay. Have a look at Silney’s site and decide what kind of evaluation you need. If your transcript is in Ukrainian, you’ll also need translation services as well (which Silney provides). It looks like a complete evaluation will run you around $150. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Regards,

Laura

Thank you very much!

Also just one more question.

Is it any way to see that my university is accredited?

Hi Anna,

The evaluators will be able to tell you everything you need to know. If what you earned is equivalent to a similar degree in the US, you’ll be fine.

Regards,

Laura

Hi Brian,

I see no one has responded to your query, but that might be because this thread is discussing foreign degrees. I urge you to have a look around this forum since some version of this question has been asked repeatedly. Here’s a link to the search results I got using the keyword “felony.” If after reading around you still have a specific question, ask again in an appropriate thread or start a new one. I’m sure the mentors here will do their best to answer. Good luck to you!

Regards,

Laura

Laura:

Thank you. As mentioned I’m new to the sight and need direction. Appreciate the link.

Brian

Hey Anna. I have bachelors in Marketing too but acquired in Kazakhstan. I did my evaluation through World Education Services (or just WES). I emailed my evaluation report to ATP and seems they accepted it because I’m about to schedule my start day.

Cheers,
Andrey

1 Like