Flowing to AA from Envoy

Would I be able to flow to American Airlines from Envoy with a Comp. Sci. Associates Degree? Assuming I go to ATP, get all the required hours and certifications.

Thank you.

Andre,

According to AA’s current flow-thru agreement with Envoy a degree is not required. That said I would be VERY hesitant to put all my eggs in a flow-thru basket. There’s ALOT of fine print and you also have to understand that no Major is going to cannibalize their Regional partner when there are plenty of other qualified pilot’s out there at other Regionals applying. You also have to understand that AA is only required to hire a certain percent of their total hiring from the flow and there also needs to be a demand. By not having a 4yr degree you’re banking on that flow-thru and that flow-thru alone. If for some reason AA relaxes their hiring and say UA and DA are hiring like crazy AND you don’t have a 4yr degree you could potentially be severely limiting your options.

Adam

1 Like

Thank you for your input Adam.

ill finish school, but my other question would be if you or anyone can give an estimate on how much I would need to save up for the 9 months training at ATP? Im looking to live off campus.

Thank you.

Andre,

You will need to contact admissions to ask that question.

Keep in mind that the majors want to see a four year degree, not an associates degree.

Chris

Andre,

As Chris said admin could give you a better estimate but only YOU know what your expenses are, particularly if you’ll be living on your own. Obviously if you’re staying with family it’s a huge difference than if you’re renting an apt for $1,000 or $2,000 or whatever. Car payments, credit card bills etc etc…

Adam