Flow Through Programs

Realistically if you have all the CERTS required, how important is it to be affiliated with the regional airlines. For example, ATP has relationships with some regional carriers. If you have your certs does it really matter, is everyone given an equal opportunity no matter which school you use?

Devon,

in today’s hiring environment, the affiliations do not matter as much as far as hiring is concerned. They do matter if you want to participate in Tuition Reimbursement.

I will say this though, if a regional has one opening and two applicants, they are likely going to go with the applicant that went to one of their affiliated flight schools. These agreements are not made just for fun, they are made because the airline knows the flight school and trusts the quality of the pilots they produce.

Chris

1 Like

Devon,

As Chris said, in TODAY’s hiring environment it doesn’t matter much. The thing is this industry can and does change. Not that long ago (say a few years) before the shortage it mattered ALOT. You needed every edge you could get just to get an interview let alone a job. Will things return to those days? Honestly I don’t think anytime soon but you never know.

I would consider there’s a reason why the airlines choose to be affiliated with certain schools and not others. I also believe the fact that an airline is willing to offer an ATP instructor a position with only 500hrs speaks volumes.

Adam

1 Like