Flight training hours

If i do this as a full time training, how many hours a day can I maximum fly, and how long would it take me to get my commercial license

Ali,

8 hours per day is the limit, but there’s a lot more to flight training than just flying. There’s briefings, sim, ground, self study, etc. ATP’s website shows a detailed timeline of a typical day during each phase of training. https://atpflightschool.com/airline-career-pilot-program/flight_training.html

Tory

1 Like

Ali,

ATP’s program allows you to get all the licenses and ratings you’d need to work and build time as a professional pilot. The program takes 9 months. After that you’d need to build the required 1500hrs needed to fly for an airline. The most common route people then take is flight instructing (ATP guarantees successful candidates an instructor position) and that typically takes another 1-1.5yrs. Therefore the whole process usually takes approx. 2-2.5yrs.

Adam

1 Like

Do you need to be a college student to take a loan?

Ali,

No but you do need a source of income and EXCELLENT credit. You will need a degree to fly for a Major.

Adam

Does the 1500 hours include sim time or it’s only actual flying?

§ 61.159 - Aeronautical experience: Airplane category rating.
(a) Except as provided in paragraphs (b), ©, and (d) of this section, a person who is applying for an airline transport pilot certificate with an airplane category and class rating must have at least 1,500 hours of total time as a pilot that includes at least:
(1) 500 hours of cross-country flight time.
(2) 100 hours of night flight time.
(3) 50 hours of flight time in the class of airplane for the rating sought. A maximum of 25 hours of training in a full flight simulator representing the class of airplane for the rating sought may be credited toward the flight time requirement of this paragraph if the training was accomplished as part of an approved training course in parts 121, 135, 141, or 142 of this chapter. A flight training device or aviation training device may not be used to satisfy this requirement.
(4) 75 hours of instrument flight time, in actual or simulated instrument conditions, subject to the following:
(i) Except as provided in paragraph (a)(4)(ii) of this section, an applicant may not receive credit for more than a total of 25 hours of simulated instrument time in a flight simulator or flight training device.
(ii) A maximum of 50 hours of training in a flight simulator or flight training device may be credited toward the instrument flight time requirements of paragraph (a)(4) of this section if the training was accomplished in a course conducted by a training center certificated under part 142 of this chapter.
(iii) Training in a flight simulator or flight training device must be accomplished in a flight simulator or flight training device, representing an airplane.
(5) 250 hours of flight time in an airplane as a pilot in command, or as second in command performing the duties of pilot in command while under the supervision of a pilot in command, or any combination thereof, which includes at least -
(i) 100 hours of cross-country flight time; and
(ii) 25 hours of night flight time.
(6) Not more than 100 hours of the total aeronautical experience requirements of paragraph (a) of this section or § 61.160 may be obtained in a full flight simulator or flight training device provided the device represents an airplane and the aeronautical experience was accomplished as part of an approved training course in parts 121, 135, 141, or 142 of this chapter.

Can i finance through pilotfinance.com?

For your commercial pilot license program

Ali,

Not according to THEIR website.

Adam

One click on their website and this is what I found.
Capture

Since ATP is a Full Time program where you earn all your flight ratings our program does not qualify for financing through that program. ATP does have financing options with 2 banks. Click here for finance options: https://atpflightschool.com/financing/

If i wanted to pay cash, how would that work?do i pay after my classes are done, or is it before i start?

Ali,

You would pay for the program upfront.

Chris

Should i enroll inperson , or do i do it online

Ali,

You need to call admissions (800-255-2877). It’s not just paying the money they need to ensure you meet the admission requirements. https://atpflightschool.com/airline-career-pilot-program/enrollment.html

Adam

You need to contact the admissions department at 800-255-2877.