Flight attendant while training

Hey guys! I would really like to start this program ATP offers. However, I am trying to find legitimate answers on working while I did it. Is it realistic to work and go to school? I ask around and everyone has different answers. I am currently a flight attendant, and unlike a traditional full time job, the hours are not 160 hours a month. I am looking at going into the Trenton center while maintaining my job as a Flight attendant out of PHL/ TTN. I would like to know how realistic that is? I have worked while in college in the past and was successful but I understand that this is not the same scenario… what is everyones perception on this?I just am trying to avoid a larger loan. Thank you folks!

Jennifer,

Working during the program is not realistic at all. The program is very intense and will require all of your available time for studying or flying. I can’t imagine trying to work while in the program, especially as a flight attendant.

Chris

Thank you for the quick response! So having said that, how do most people get through all this… by taking out a larger loan do you think? Unless they have the financial means prior to training?
Thank you.

Also, in my head I guess I thought it was realistic because I usually have an abundance of time I could be using for studying

Most people take out extra money as part of their loan to help cover living expenses while in the program.

Jennifer,

Working is highly discouraged. While you may have an abundance of down time while working, you won’t have an abundance of down time while training. One of the main reasons people are attracted to the program is the shortness of it. ATP does in months what traditionally takes years. To do this requires a full time commitment from you and that includes you being flexible and available to train sometimes on short notice.

Let me put it way, imagine you’re on Reserve with ATP but you’re on call EVERYDAY from day 0600-2000. How could you possibly work?

Adam