First Solo - N9710F

Hey everyone!

Just had my first solo (6/19/18) after starting May 7th. Everything went really well and it’s crazy to think that just 5 weeks ago, I didn’t even know how to start up the plane. It’s been awesome so far and I’m definitely enjoying the flying and the instructors at my location. Looking forward to this journey. If you’re thinking about starting ATP and have questions you can always ask me and I’ll be happy to help out.

7 Likes

Patrick,

Congratulations on the solo, that is an awesome achievement. Please continue to update us as you go through the program.

Chris

1 Like

HUGE accomplishment! Congrats.

Tory

1 Like

UPDATE: Passed my private pilot check ride and started and finished my 20 hour time build last week. Now onto that instrument written. I’m super excited for the instrument phase of my training. It seems so useful and I can’t wait to learn more about it :smiley:

2 Likes

Patrick,

Congratulations on your well-deserved success. Instrument training requires a lot of knowledge and abstract thought, but once you get the hang of it, you will learn to appreciate how beautifully choreographed the operation is.

Tory

1 Like

Patrick,

That is great news, congratulations! Thank you for the update. Keep them coming.

Chris

1 Like

UPDATE 9/26/18: Passed my instrument checkride two months to the date of getting my private pilot rating; I am a month ahead of schedule. Unfortunately I sprained my ankle surfing yesterday. 91.205 doesn’t specify anything about required ankles for flight and I don’t think I can remove and placard inop per 91.213, so crew will have to wait until it heals. Planning on getting that CAX knocked out in the meantime :slight_smile:

1 Like

Patrick,

Congrats on the checkride and sorry about the ankle, hopefully it won’t take long. Crew is the best part of the program!

Chris

1 Like