Finding Work after ATP

With ATPs partners and connections, how do they help students find work after they have completed the program. Could you tell me about your experience finding work after ATP?

Of course we are all going through the ATP course to get good jobs and start paying off that loan.

Thank you.

Tom,

Typically ATP students interview with various regionals around 500 hours, but this time can fluctuate. Many of the regionals actually come to the training centers and host on site interviews. ATP works to facilitate these interviews.

When I went through some time ago, we traveled to the regional airline to interview. I interviewed at two airlines and got hired at both.

Chris

Tom,

First and foremost ATP offers successful students a guaranteed instructor position. That’s a huge benefit to bridge the gap between the program and getting hired.

Adam

Thank you for the response and getting back to me so fast. How do you guys find time to respond to all these questions?

Thank you Chris,

Good to hear ATP works with students to get work after the program and not leaving people high and dry.

We’re airline pilots. That means a) we LOVE talking about airplane stuff and b) we seldom work :slight_smile:

Adam

1 Like

Speak for yourself!

You’re young, you’ll get over it :wink:

Late nights in hotel rooms on the road :slight_smile:

How do you know which regional airline is right for you?

Alex,

Everyone has different priorities as to what’s most important (bases, pay, aircraft, etc.). You need to figure out what’s most important to you, do your research and make a decision based on that.

Adam

Thank you for the response and insight Adam! I will definitely do my research and make my decision based off of that. I appreciate your time!

Alex,

Different factors are important for different people. Some look for quick captain upgrades, some look for pilot bases, equipment types, corporate culture, etc. You will find that as you start instructing and taking to pilots the are ahead of you, you will get a good feel for what you are looking for in an airline.

Chris

Great tips! Thank you so much Chris!