Failed Written Exams

Gentlemen,

I was curious… I know that regional airlines will hire you with a 2 checkride busts, but do they look at how many times it take to pass the written?

I took my PPL written today (got a 90%!) and was told about a guy that took the instrument written 7 times before passing on the 8th attempt. So, I was wondering if airlines look at things like that.

Yuran

Yuran,

I don’t know that the regionals track failed written tests, but I wouldn’t make a habit of it. The FAA publishes the exam bank, with proper studying there is no reason to ever get less than a 90%.

Chris

Yuran,

No record of written exams are kept BUT if I were the guys instructor we’d be having a serious conversation as to what the problem is?

Adam

Chris,

You’re completely right! I’m naturally a nervous test taker, but I used the free prep ware by Sporty’s and the questions were identical. I just kept reviewing and asking plenty of questions. YouTube is also very useful. I’m just a little worried since the written is an extremely difficult test from what I heard. So, I’m a bit worried is all.

Adam,

I was told that he would get 90s on the practice test, but completely freaked out on the actual test (I don’t know why because the questions are identical…), but he got approval to have his CFI sitting next to him on the test (not helping in any way, just literally sitting there while he tested). He finally passed…

I don’t get it, but it is what is it.

Preparation is the key to combating nervousness!

Yuran

Yuran,

Let’s just hope nothing happens to him when he’s flying solo that makes him nervous.

Adam

2 Likes