Extra loans?

Hi Friends, classmates,pilot mentors

My question is tedious so bear with me, please. I have spent a lot of time on the ATP forum, educating myself on flight school, I understand there are loans that will cover the cost of the program, however, it says
“Total Fixed Cost $80,995
Plus $180 for third party iPad apps and approximately $7,200 for designated pilot examiner fees.”
Will the loans also cover the iPad fees and the pilot examiner fees?
Also, are there any loans I can take out to cover the cost of living, things such as food or toiletries or laundry even, the costs simply add up.
If there are loans to cover ALL I have mentioned above, would you guys recommend going 90-100k in debt ti become a pilot? Please let me know, I appreciate any and all input.

Mikael,

If you have the credit, yes you can take out additional funds to cover the additional costs and your expenses.

Whether it’s worth it or not it’s entirely up to you. Financially Capts at Major airlines make over $350k and I don’t know many other jobs that come close with that low a tuition (law and medical school can cost 4 times as much). Further it’s getting paid to do something many people can and will only dream of. For me it’s a no brainer.

Adam

1 Like

Mikael,

Many people take out additional loan money to help cover their expenses while in training. Contact the admissions department for more information one this.

As for whether to recommend going into debt to not, I cannot tell you what to do. What I can tell you is that I took out a loan for flight training and am now a captain at a major airline, making great money and doing a job that I love.

Chris

1 Like