Evaluation flight

Can anyone explain to me the new evaluation flight that has to be completed for incoming students with their PPL? I was informed that as of the 16th, all applicants have to pass an evaluation flight before enrollment can be completed.

Thank you!

Seems the "admissions flight’ is still the “introduction flight.” The only evaluation is passing the Admissions Flight Online Learning Module.

The flight itself is what it is, an introduction to flying. No pass or fail. Just to give you a taste of flying and the ATP training environment. I havn’t had to take the online course, but I’m sure it’s not that complicated. Give it a shot and let me know how it turns out.

Chad,

Nothing to be concerned about. It’s simply an opportunity for you to meet ATP and them to meet you before you both enter into a long committed relationship blind.

Adam

Chad,

The Admissions Flight is an opportunity for both you and ATP to evaluate each other and decide if you will be a good fit. Just as it is important for you to find a flight school that meets your needs, it is important for ATP to match with candidates that they think will be successful in the program. There is no way to study for the flight, but the instructor will take some casual notes on how you present and conduct yourself, in addition to how you grasp some of the basic concepts that will be discussed. You will in no way be expected to fly as though you were already a pilot.

Just be professional and you should be fine.

Chris

Okay, that makes some sense now. Thank you all!