Enrolled!

As of a few days ago, I am officially enrolled in ATP starting on March 12 at DWH. I could not be more excited! I cannot wait to follow in the footsteps of my grandfather and father and be the third generation pilot in my family!

Other than the required modules (Private Pilot w/ King Schools) I have to complete before my first day, is there any other assignments/material I should cover during this time? Open to all suggestions!

1 Like

Alex,

Congrats on taking the next step. Remind us again who your father and grandfather flew for, please.

I would really focus on getting as many of the written exams completed as possible. That will give you a huge leg up in training.

Chris
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 Likes

Congrats and welcome Alex!

What Chris said.

Adam

1 Like

Thank y’all for the kind wishes! I write this as I’m sitting at DTW waiting for my flight to IAH. Going to Houston to visit my family and check out my ATP location.
My dad flew for rio airways, Brockway air, world airways, Usairways, tower airlines & Kalitta. Grandfather flew for Ryan Air in Ireland.

My dad and grandpa flew together for the Detroit Tigers, Pistons, and Red Wings. Dad also flew some for the Cleveland cavaliers. And he’s been corporate for the past 15 years.

Alex,

Congrats on taking the next step. Remind us again who your father and grandfather flew for, please.

I would really focus on getting as many of the written exams completed as possible. That will give you a huge leg up in training.

Chris

Alex,

That is quite the aviation pedigree. As a fellow third generation pilot, I can tell you that you are stepping into some big shoes. You will meet people that know your dad, or even your grandfather. Always keep in mind that you are representing not just yourself, but your aviation family.

Chris

2 Likes