Driving Record with insurance

Hi all,

I would like to ask a couple of questions about the driving license.
I was convicted of driving without insurance.
I was pretty young, so I did not know that car insurance is required to drive a car, so my driving license was suspended.
Thus, my question is it would affect my aviation career or not. Plus, this record would be a big issue by FAA?

if you have any thought, or answer for them, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you for helping me.

Daewon,

If it’s been a few years AND your record is clean otherwise AND you continue to remain clean you should be fine.

I would just lose the “I didn’t know that car insurance was required” excuse. If you’re old enough to drive a car you’re old enough to understand the laws that govern it’s operation.

Adam

Daewon,

I think you will be fine if that really is the only thing on your record and if you keep it that way.

That being said, your reason of “I didn’t know” needs to change. Somewhere along the way to getting your license you were educated about insurance. If you weren’t, you really should have been. You need to accept responsibility for this as “I didn’t know” will not get you very far in an interview.

Chris

Adam,

Thank you for answering my question.

I really appreciate it.
I know that it sounds really dumb, but it just happened. Anyway, thank you for reminding me to keep record clean.

Chris,

I really appreciate that you relied my question.

it sounds good, so I kinda happy with what you said.

Thanks for advising for making it better, so I would think about it for sure.