Don't have a college degree

Hello,
My name is Yarin, I’m 27 years old, originally from Israel. I’ve been living in the US for over 3 years now and currently holding a permanent resident card.
I am intending to pursue my dream to become a pilot, and wanted to know how hard will it be to get in the airlines (regional and majors) without a college degree.

And another thing, will experience as a commander in a combat unit in the idf (Israel defence forces) for 3 years will help or give me an advantage in front of others?

Thanks for your help.

Yarin,

For your degree question, check out this thread: https://airlinepilot.life/t/do-i-need-a-college-degree-to-be-an-airline-pilot/8059

As for your experience with the army, it will certainly not hurt, but it will not help as much as you think either. The airlines are looking to hire pilots, as such their primary concern is flight time and flight experience.

Chris

Chris,
Thank you for your reply.
Will I be right to think about finishing flight school and get to the regionals. Then to start a college degree while working as a pilot. Is that achievable/possible?

Yarin,

That’s actually a very popular route. Very doable.

Adam

1 Like

Yarin,

That is exactly the path that I would recommend for somebody in your position.

Chris

1 Like