Do you have to attend A skywest partnership school to be a cadet in the pathway program?

I couldn’t really find an answer to my question, Im sure you do have to attend one of Skywests Partnered schools to join the program but i`m looking at less expensive community colleges with more affordable flight programs. Although I cannot shake the benefits that the pathway program offers hoping there is a way to do both.

Deven,

Their website doesn’t explicitly say that an applicant needs to be
affiliated with a partner school, but I would lean towards yes. The
quickest way to find out is to give them a call and ask. Let us know what
they say.

Tory

Okay thanks, will do tomorrow morning!

Hey Deven,

SkyWest recruiter and cadet mentor here. It USED to be that you had to be with an affiliated school, but that is no longer true. The only requirement to be a part of the Pilot Pathway Program (aka Cadet Program) is to have a CFI rating. Doesn’t matter which one, doesn’t matter where you’re teaching, and a lot of our cadets even moved on to 135/91 flying. So you can join up no matter where you go! The only thing that is affected is tuition reimbursement - that is only with 4 affiliated flight schools right now, ATP being one of them. But the cadet program is wonderful. A LOT of perks and NO commitment! Good luck and feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Alright thanks so much this really does help! I will definitely join the program when I meet the requirements!

1 Like