Do you get to pick which ATP school you go to? Or do they pick for you?

When deciding which campus to go to, does ATP pick for you? Or is it something that I would decide myself?

Hi Ryan and Welcome!

Thinking that might be a little harsh for ATP to take your money then ship you off to someplace you don’t want to be. No Ryan you can chose any location you like. People usually pick a location based on proximity to their homes. Some are fortunate enough to be able to stay home during training and save housing costs. Others see it as an opportunity to maybe live in a different part of the country (maybe escape a cold winter etc). Either way the choice is yours but rest assured you’ll receive the same outstanding training regardless of where you go.

Adam

Adam,
Thank you, I was pretty sure that I would get the choice, but just wanted to double check. Will be applying and hoping to start in June after graduating College.
Thank you again ,
Ryan Denison

Sounds like a great plan Ryan. As you get closer I’m sure you’ll have many more questions. Feel free to ask and all.

Adam

Ryan,

I completed the program in the same manner you did, immediately after graduating college. I think that you will find that this is a great way to get started in the work force. Your combination of pilot certificates, a college degree, and flight time (after instructing for a bit) will make you very marketable to an airline.

Chris

Chris,
Thank you very much. Being a pilot is something that I have always wanted to pursue. I have been flying computer based simulators since I was 8, and ever since just loved it. My mom works for Alaska, and I have been in the 737 simulators many times.
Hope all is well,
Ryan Denison

Ryan,

The first “airplane” that I flew was a US Air 737 simulator in Pittsburgh. Needless to say, I didn’t do so well. :slight_smile: My father assured me that having a 737 as my first airplane was like driving an 18 wheeler for your first car.

It is great that you have a connection to the airlines, just being familiar with the terminology is a big help. What does your mother do for Alaska?

Chris,
My mom used to be the flight safety director for them. But a few years ago she switched over to be a Flight Attendant again.

Interesting. I will keep an eye out for her, you never know.

Chirs,
Do you know a Tom Campanelli?? He is a family friend of ours. He is based in Houston I think, and he is flying the 787 for United?

No, I don’t. I have been based in Newark for almost my entire career, so most of the people I know are from the northeast. I will keep an eye out for him.

Chris

I do feel the need to point out United has over 12,000 pilots. Just saying.

Adam

Yeah that is very true. Haha.
Thanks Adam