Daytona

Does active duty military time substitute the 2 year degree requirement?

Yes, absolutely. But as always, check with the Admissions department for the official word.

I’m finally a Private Pilot! I passed my checkride last week and am currently studying instrument stuff! So happy and motivated!

3 Likes

Congrats! MAJOR accomplishment! You should be very proud of yourself my friend :slight_smile:

Adam

Angel,

Congratulations! That is fantastic! Keep up the good work.

Chris

Well done Angel!! What was the most memorable part of your check ride?

My favorite part was always when the examiner said Congrats! :slight_smile:

Adam

Most memorable part?.. hmmmm I guess when we got back he got out and said:“Well young man, you’re now a Private Pilot!”

Thank you all for the great wishes and helping me so far!

3 Likes

You’re gonna remember that for the rest of your life :blush:

1 Like

Hi!!! Today I passed both my IRA (92%) and FII (90%) written knowledge exams!!! Pretty pumped!!!

2 Likes

That is awesome! Great work and congratulations!

Boom! You’re on a roll, Angel!

NICE!

Adam

Hello everyone
First congrats angel :v: Can’t wait to start myself 

I’m moroccan by the way, 31, and i hope to be joining Daytona beach soon. best luck to all, and see you soon.

I trained at Ormond Beach years ago. I’m from UK. I love Daytona! I went to the Indycar race Daytona 500

Hey all just a quick update, the 14th I will have my IRA checkride. So much information that goes along with this rating but actually really fun to fly. Any tips from the mentors?

Angel,

It sounds cliche, but just study, study, study. Study until you can’t think you can possibly study anymore, then keep studying.

Also, know that you can’t possibly know everything, so be prepared to learn a few things during your check ride.

Chris

1 Like

Angel,

When I was preparing to instruct for ATP one of the “founders” took me the sim and said I want to show you an airline pilot “trick”. He took a piece of paper and punched a single hole in it with a standard hole punch (approx. 1/8"). He covered my HSI completely except for that one single hole. He said “this is your world. Forget 1/2 dot deflection etc. THIS is all you have to play with BUT if you can live in this world you’ll never have a problem”. I still live by those words till this day.

Thank you Phil! :slight_smile:

Adam

1 Like

Angel,

As with any check ride, I would go through the ACS thoroughly with your
instructor to make sure you two have covered every possible topic that
could be discussed. I would also talk with some other students that have
taken their Instrument ride already. They might have some good insight.

Tory

I plan on starting at the Daytona location as soon as everything gets approved! Will be checking back to see how everyone’s experience is going!