Daytona

So breaking the ice here… My current start date is April 3rd over at DAB. (anybody else?) So excited to start! Currently studying the most I can to take the PPL written! Yesterday was my last day at work so everything is now a reality to think that hopefully that would have been my “first and last 4 years of work” before doing what I love for a lifetime. Sounds poetic huh? I will keep my progress updated as I can once I start…

Angel,

Thanks for being the first one to post in this section and thanks for the update. I am looking forward to tracking your progress as you go through the program.

Chris

Thank You Chris, means a lot!

Hello,
Ill jump in, I’m am also starting Apr 3rd in ISP, was actually in the area yesterday looking at apartments, I dropped by for a min and was lucky enough to speak to a couple of students and instructors, everyone was happy to answer questions and didn’t seem to mind the impromptu visit. I just have to say that the whole environment around the school is so positive, and am blessed that im going to be living this dream, just finished the intro modules and continue to study, can wait. Best of luck to all of you out there, and thanks as always to the mentors, their insight is incredibly helpful.
Kris.

1 Like

Best of luck throughout your journey! Keep in touch whenever you can!

Hey Angel! Good luck with your start date. I am too going to DAB, i got all my ducks in a row today after two painful weeks of incertanty (because of the finances)
My start date is July 3rd and Im already signed with date set aside!
I’ll ask around when instart! Good luck!
Enrico

1 Like

Awesome!! Thank you and best of luck to you too!! I guess I’ll see you there!

Hello guys my name is Alexander well just Alex lol i live in New jersey im planing to go to DAB after my high school graduation but im a little scared about finding a job out there and a little nervous about getting my loan and qualified to the ATP housing program but hopefully i get all of that set up Thank you and best of luck to all of you guys !!!

Hi Alex,

Just fyi, ATP doesn’t not accept students without either their Private license, a 2 yr degree or equivalent work experience. Do have any of those? Most high school grads do not which is why I’m asking.

Adam

yes , i do have a work experience but i do not have a private pilot license or does the license have to be a driving license ?

Alex,

ATP means two years of full time work experience, so I doubt that you will meet that requirement. The license requirement is a Private Pilot license, not a driving license. I recommend talking to the admissions department as they can address your specific question.

Chris

Private PILOT’s license. The comparable work experience means comparable to a 2yr degree which generally means full-time for at least 2yrs? Not trying to discourage you it’s simply that ATP wants to be certain you’ve demonstrated the ability to commit and complete something. ATP admissions has the final word and I recommend you contact them and explain your situation. Again I’m not trying to dissuade you, I just don’t want you to get an unpleasant “No” when you’re all set and ready to start.

Adam

@ajcv75 Angel Please keep us updated on your DAB experience. I’m looking to transfer to that location sometime in the summer-fall so I’d like to know people’s experiences first hand if possible. Thanks and good luck

1 Like

Hi @pilotlife I’ve been studying a lot!! Been flying everyday! I’ll be honest, at first I wasn’t liking my experience as I was overwhelmed by the many changes in life but I have been doing great! I’ve stuck around and am currently practicing take offs and landings constantly. After two days of frustrated landings, today I made wind corrections and landed by myself! Truly feels good man. Students and instructors are very friendly and willing to help anytime. My instructor is pretty new but man…he’s great! I truly have been learning tons from him. Got to even try the Redbird FTD today!!! Go for it man! I’m loving it so far. Will keep posting soon… BTW shoutout to the mentors who I have been asking a lot recently to say thank you for the information provided to us on this forum. @Adam Thank you for helping me get through!!

It’s all you brother, it’s ALL YOU!

Glad things are going well and congrats on the landing (it’s a beautiful thing when it all comes together!).

Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Adam

Hey all!!! Just an update, today I passed my PAR written exam!!!

1 Like

Great news, congratulations! Thanks for the update!

Chris

Nice job Angel! I never had a doubt :slight_smile:

Adam

Hey guys, it’s been a while since my last post. Just to catch up, I already finished all my solo flights and am already studying for my PPL checkride which is on June 14th. Feels great reviewing things and knowing things by heart. Anyways, can’t let my guard down and will keep going on. So far it’s been manageable to be honest but I’m sure things will pick up quickly after private as I have been told. Always keep on striving and studying guys. Until the next post!!!

That’s awesome Angel! Glad you’re doing so well! Keep working hard and keep us posted.

Adam