Current and Former Students, Please Check In

Nice job, Kyle! Which one of your ratings did you find to be the most difficult to obtain?

Thanks!

In general, Iā€™d say the Comm SE was the one I was most worried about just because of the lack of time you get to practice those SE maneuvers. For CFI, the MEI was the hardest mostly just because itā€™s the initial and you have to cover a lot of topics and flight maneuvers. For my MEI check ride, the oral was about 6 hours and the flight was 2.7.

Kyle,

That is excellent news! Congratulations! Thanks for the update and please keep posting as you build your hours.

Chris

Great work, Kyle! Maybe Iā€™ll poke my head in and say hi when Horizon starts flying out of PAE.

Tory

This is awesome to hear! Welcome to the team of ATP instructors!!!

Update, I recently was accepted into the Envoy Cadet program! After a relatively stressful interview (mostly because I studied for Jep plates but never used one in real life) I was offered the position. I will continue to instruct at ATPā€™s DAB location and upon reaching mins slide straight into the next class date.
Timeline has been Aug 2017 started ATP 0 time, May 2018 program complete after a few weeks of weather delays etc, July 2018 began position as CFI and now October 2018 secured benefits, tuition reimbursement and flow to AA. Incredible to think two years ago it was only a dream. Now Iā€™m 750 hours away, will keep you guys updated!

6 Likes

Arturo,

That is fantastic news! Congratulations! Please continue to update us as you progress through your career.

Chris

Hey all - in my 2nd week of training with Southwest Airlines. Started from zero time back at CRG in March of 2013. Blue skies to all!

5 Likes

Wow. Teach me your waysā€¦

1 Like

Wow nice! My gfā€™s dad is a captain there! Congrats, have fun!

1 Like

Arturo! You are the man!!!

Hi @amanda4928

How are you liking the Chicago location and the program?

Program is nice, some of the instructors are very dedicated and hard working and really pay attention at their students. Some are just donā€™t care and messing aroundā€¦

Amanda,

In regards to the CFIā€™s that ā€œdonā€™t care and are messing aroundā€, have you brought that to managementā€™s attention?

Chris

Ok. I have been under the impression that the Chicago location is not one of the most popular ones due to weather. Do you feel like you have been getting the flight time necessary? I live and Chicago and would love to be able to attend here. Do you know if you will be working as an instructor here?

Thank you,

This is inexcusable and management needs to know. While I understand you donā€™t want to get anyone in trouble this goes to your character as much as theirs. These slackers are wasting their students time and money and are potentially unsafe, give us ALL a bad name and frankly should be put off their career track. This isnā€™t summer camp and I certainly donā€™t want my family one day sitting in the back of an airplane piloted by irresponsible individuals (would you?). Or you can say nothing and believe itā€™s not your problem but then I honestly question your commitment to this career and your judgment.

FYI, these are typical airline interview questions. Have you ever seen anyone during your training acting irresponsibly and what did you do about it?

Adam

1 Like

How was the chi course? Did they do a good job at preparing you for the checkride?

Yeah, I would say so. I went to the LZU (Atlanta) location for my CFI training and I learned a lot and had a great time there. Honestly, the most significant resource available to you during CFI training is your fellow CFI classmates. You get grouped together with people who trained at different locations across the country and have different experiences and even different knowledge that you can share with one another and learn from. Theyā€™re also great to study with, make lesson plans together, and practice teaching to each other.

2 Likes

Howdy!
Just got my instrument rating in the books at ATP KDAB and Iā€™m on crew now.
Just came here to check in and say that I love KDAB and all the instructors/staff/DPEs are amazing. Great location and Iā€™m so glad I changed my life for this!
I never knew this website existed! It seems helpful!

-Amanda

2 Likes

Amanda,

Congratulations, that is a great accomplishment!

Welcome to our forum. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know.

Chris

1 Like