Checkride Tuesday at GKY

Sorry for not posting in a bit. Things have been moving so fast and when not flying I spend all my time studying. Solos are done and checkride prep as well. My first checkride is Tuesday. I know I am prepared, of course that doesn’t stop one from being anxious having never experienced a checkride before. Group study and ground at the GKY location has been outstanding!! There is ALWAYS a group doing a mock oral exam or instructors calling different groups at different phases together to go over things. I am looking forward to getting Tuesday behind me and moving on to the multi engine checkride just a week or two after and on to instrument. Back to the books just a few days to go will update after

1 Like

Derrick,

Thanks for the update. Be sure to let us know when you pass your checkride !

Chris

1 Like

Just walk in and tell the examiner “prepare to be dominated!” :wink:

You’ll do great!

Adam

3 Likes

HAHA I will do just that. “Mr. Strange, I was told to tell you prepare to be dominated! May I just have my cert now?”

“May I?” forget may I, tell him let’s not waste eachother’s time, just hand it over! :slight_smile:

Remember a good pilot has a “command presence”.

Adam

1 Like

And private pilot check ride passed!!! I was pleased with all but my steep turns. Not to the standards I hold for myself but the whole flight went well and I am now a private pilot! On to multi and another check in a cpl weeks

A pilot’s standards are always above check ride standards. The hardest part
is to be satisfied with somewhere in between.

Congratulations Derrick!

1 Like

Major box checked Derrick! You are now a pilot! Congrats!

Adam

1 Like