Real Answers from Real Pilots

Changing Locations In The Middle of Training

(Tristan West) #1

Hi all,

I’ve recently passed my PPL checkride and I’m interested in going to ATP for the rest of my ratings (I already have 80+ hours). However, I will most likely be moving from NorCal to SoCal at the end of June. Is changing locations allowed in the middle of the program? My original plan was to finish my PPL a couple months ago and then hopefully finish ATP before moving, but several delays pushed me back.

Tristan,

You will need to speak with the admissions department on this for the final answer, but I would highly recommend against it. Flight training is very time intensive and stressful, trying to move while in training is a really bad idea as it will be a major distraction. I would recommend completing the move either before, or after, your training.

Chris

Tristan,

As Chris said you’d have to talk with admin but he also makes a great point about moving. Personally I believe moving is one of the most stressful experiences in life and I would not even consider attempting it during training unless perhaps you have a significant other who’s going to handle the whole thing. Regardless I’d still give it some serious thought.

Adam

(Tory) #4

Tristan,

Changing training centers is dealt with on a case by case basis. If you know the move will happen soon, I’d either postpone the move or the training.

Tory