CFI start date!

After this whole debacle with my medical, I’m finally set to start CFI training with ATP on July 6th! I’m incredibly nervous but also super excited to have the last 5 months behind me, and to move on to the next phase of training!

3 Likes

Congrats man. Hopefully you get Walt Newsom as your ground instructor. He’s a great guy, I couldn’t speak more highly of him.

Well that’s great to know! My checkin says check in 10am and the instructor listed is Newsom! Granted the ground school will be all online but I think that’ll be who I get

Hey Joshua, just out of curiosity, when did you complete the program?

I took my Comm SE on Dec 5th last year then realized I had to fix my medical mistake so have been grounded for like several months until now when I’m good to fly again! Otherwise I’ll expected finish date was feb or March

Ooo nice. I read that wrong. Thought you said you were starting indoc. But congrats man! Always nice to get back in that cockpit :smiley:

Ya it is! I was able to pay for 10 extra hours too which will be nice so I can get comfortable in a plan I’m used to

CFI checkride in a like 2 weeks! Haven’t started teaching yet but I already feel my knowledge in certain areas has improved tremendously!

1 Like

Josh,

Please let us know how it goes. The CFI check ride is a tough one, but I bet you do just fine. Keep up the studying.

Chris

That’s the plan! The gouge makes this guy appear to be fairly easy but I’m studying as if its going to be hard/without bias because I want to be as prepped as possible!

Joshua,

Gouges are great but as always nothing is guaranteed. Last minute replacement, DE has a fight with spouse, gets a ticket on the way to the airport, just doesn’t like your face. Study as if you heard this guy’s the worst ever!

Adam

Exactly! Not going to let his gouge make me complacent!

Of course we never study the gouge, we study for the check ride to make sure that we can be the best darn pilots/CFIs possible :wink:

Bingo! I’m not even a CFI yet and so excited to be one!

And CFI checkride :heavy_check_mark:

3 Likes

Great work man, super pumped for you!

1 Like

Thanks bro!

1 Like

Hey you’ll be right behind him in a couple of months. :+1:t6:

1 Like

Joshua,

Great work, congratulations! Almost finished…

Chris

Almost done! This checkride was interesting to say the least! We started my oral at breakfast, of which he bought us both food.

1 Like