Real Answers from Real Pilots

Can I attend an online college while I attend ATP?

Id like a jump on things. I’m graduating late (19 years of age due to being held back in kindergarten). With that being said whats a good online college? One the preferable isn’t on an entirely heavy work load that distracts me from my studies of ATP? (entirely heavy work load= pages and pages and pages of homework). And, is it even possible to do both at the same time or is it just a really dumb idea that will cause me issues? Thanks all for the answers!

Dakota,

It is not possible to attend both ATP and college, the workload would just be too high. Also, ATP requires two years of school or work experience before they can accept you into their program.

I am not the expert on online schools, but I will say that a school that offers you a light workload it probably not also going to offer you a good education.

Chris

1 Like

Dakota,

While I appreciate you wanting to get a “jump on things”, as Chris said ATP will not allow you to enroll without a degree, your PPL or equivalent work experience. More important even if they did there’s simply no way you’d be able to maintain and balance the workload of both ATP and any degree program. One or both would surely suffer and if it was your flight training you’d end up with potentially career ending busts or cost yourself considerable expense after washing out of the program.

Again while I appreciate your zeal and understand you’re in a hurry, at 19 you’re still way ahead of the curve and have plenty of time to complete a degree and your flight training the right way.

Adam

1 Like