Best Route to Take for a Student with an AA

Hello, I am a currently 19 year old student athlete at a community college in Florida and this spring is my last semester before I earn my AA. The issue is over the past 2 years I have had trouble deciding what I would like to major in, but recently I have finally decided on becoming a pilot. I have not taken any classes that relate to aviation but I have been told that there isn’t a particular bachelors degree that you need to earn to become a pilot I was wondering if that was right? I know it is not necessary to obtain a bachelors to become a pilot but I would like to as educated as possible and have a lot better chance of getting a secure job. What would be the best way to earn my certifications and degree in a short amount of time?

Emily,

Welcome to the forums. Please check out the FAQ section as there is quite a bit of information there that you will find helpful. After that, we would be happy to help answer specific questions.

Chris

Thank you for the quick response! I have read many posts and I am learning more and more every minute