Before school

hello everyone.

im planning to start with ATP school within couple more months and im still studying for my knowledge test Also, im currently living in Michigan and im planning to move to California to start my school there what should I bring with me on the first day and when/where should I take my knowledge test. Also is it 7 days per week for 9.1/2 months no days off? thank you.

Rimon, I recently started ATP so I’ll tell you from my experience. They are very good in telling you everything you need to bring with you and when so don’t worry. When you put the deposit down to secure a start date ATP will send you a box with the uniform shirts and study material as well as access to all the needed online ground school to take all the written exams. If you take the tests at an ATP location after securing a start date it is free of charge, if you do the tests elsewhere after the deposit you can get reimbursed for the cost. Day 1 you will be required to bring everything listed here: https://atpflightschool.com/faqs/bring/items_for_acpp.html being that you and your instructor will verify you have everything. Also, if weather permits you will fly every day. Weekend flying is used if you and your instructor agree on it and want to get ahead or want to make up lost flight time. Generally it’s 5 days a week. Any questions feel free to ask I’m here to help!

1 Like

Ankel thank you so much for replying ok so im now living in Michigan so is there a specific date to start the school or how does it work I want to move to California and start not longer a month

1 Like

When you are ready to start simply give admissions a call and tell them which location you want to start in and they will tell you the available start dates for that specific location. I believe they have starting classes every 2nd or 3rd week of every month. Check which location is closest to where you want to move and they will tell you. If you are starting from Zero time make sure to tell them although they should ask you anyways if you are starting with credit for PPL or Zero Time.

1 Like

Rimon, not sure if you checked out the website completely but you or may not have stumbled upon here; https://atpflightschool.com/airline-career-pilot-program/enrollment.html there it tells you all the steps needed to begin, from Finances to eligibility and so on so check that out.

1 Like

yes I was reading that earlier and I wasn’t sure about some stuff like.

( Guided Independent Study Required Before Class Date

All King School’s study modules must be completed no later than two weeks prior to your class date. Once King Schools modules are complete please take the practice written exams in King Schools.

This will help provide the knowledge you need to operate as a private pilot, and will enable efficient use of your time when you arrive at the training center. If you do not complete the Private Pilot Guided Independent Study by the deadline, ATP may delay your class date.)

is this for knowledge test or what I was told you need only knowledge test score and medical exam I don’t know what is this about or do I need to do it.

1 Like

Kings School is one of the ground school training supplements provided by ATP like i mentioned when you secure the start date. It prepares you to take the Private Pilot Written exam. In there you will learn mostly the basics of General Aviation and so on that’s what they mean by “This will help provide the knowledge you need to operate as a private pilot, and will enable efficient use of your time when you arrive at the training center.” So when you arrive to train from Day 1 Zero Time, you will have a good amount of knowledge of the basics of flying.

1 Like

Ankel,

Thank you for chiming in and answering the question so thoroughly. I appreciate it.

Chris

1 Like

No problem Chris. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you again Ankel if I have any other questions I will ask if you don’t mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem at all Rimon, I’m here daily and willing to help anyone with questions as to the experience. I’ll surely get back to you.

1 Like

So what kind of students start at ATP I mean like do they have experience at all or just like regular student who really like to fly.

As for me I have zero experience about flying I don’t know anything about flying an airplane would ATP be better choice to start with is it possible to fail a test and do I have to pay money to take a course again or is it one time pay

Continuing the discussion from Before school:

They get both types of students Rimon, I started from Zero experience aside from things I learned on YouTube and own research but I’m slowly watching myself turn into a pilot. I will add though that being a pilot isn’t for everyone, there’s a lot of multitasking and hand-eye coordination. I recommend you take an intro flight whether at ATP or your local flight school so you see for yourself what it takes and if you’re up for an accelerated pace. In training anywhere you can fail, anyone can. Check-rides, tests, it all depends on how much knowledge you can retain and how quickly you learn. It’s a one time fixed payment and if you need extra training it would cost you. ATP structures the program with block times for certain phases so if you need more time than the allotted it costs you more. At least it’s what I understand. Do consider the intro flight I think it’s crucial to having an idea of your capabilities.

1 Like

Rimon,

Taking an intro flight is actually a requirement of ATPs and I actually recommend take a few lessons before you enroll. Many people dream of being a pilot but until you’ve actually been up and spent some time in the cockpit if a small plane you really don’t know for certain.

Adam

2 Likes

Rimon,

You will find the answers to your questions in the FAQ section of this webpage and many of the others directly on ATP’s web page.

Chris

1 Like

Why did you choose California and not Arizona or Florida? Those places would have offered cheaper cost of living.

1 Like

Thank you Adam sure will!!

Reason I chose California I have so many relatives there I could stay with.

1 Like

Adam I have a question I was looking for some topics and people were asking if they could go to ATP school with no 4yr degree. My question is I don’t have a 4yr degree only some college credits am I still qualify to join ATP and get my multi engine license and work with regional airlines?

The admissions department makes all decisions on things like this. Please contact them directly.

Chris