Attending Fort Lauderdale starting October 15

Hi everyone! New to this forum and have been reading many of the posts here.

I’m 34 years old and considering a career change. While I know that I’m late to the game, I read about others in my position and they made a successful career change.

I’m interested to hear from current/former students at the ATP Fort Lauderdale location AND, from other people that started their training at an older age (34 and later). Any suggestions, tips etc

Here my questions:

Is there anyone here that has attended or is attending ATP Fort Lauderdale? I heard the school is pretty busy. Any insights from current or former students?

How “intense” is the schedule? I live about 30 minutes from the school. How much time will you be spending on “campus”? Are the group classes you attend or is it all self-study?

I run my own business, and it’s clear from reading on here, that I won’t be able to work on the side. Obviously I would need to juggle this. Being older and having a family, that is always a challenge. However, I’m ready to make the chance

Stephan,

First off you’re far from old or late to the game. You’re actually right about at the average age for starting out.

There will be ground school, sim and flying and should count on spending considerable time at the airport daily (Mon-Fri).

As for your business there’s nothing to juggle. If you attempt to do both one will suffer. You need to make a commitment if you’re going to be successful with your training.

Adam

Thanks Adam! Appreciate the feedback. Understand about the commitment. I read your profile, very inspiring!

I am going to second Adam on working a job and flight training in an accelerated program. You can be as committed as possible, but one of the two is going to take a hit.

Just wanted to updated my post. I decided to sign up for ATP and will be starting at the FXE (Fort Lauderdale) location on October 15th!

Are there any other student on her that are starting at the FXE location or just have started recently? Would love to connect!

Excited to get started!!! This Forum has definitely helped me to make the decision.
Thank you all!

Stephan,

I am so glad to hear that you have made the decision to go for it. Let us know how we can help you along the way.

Now get started on those written exams!

Chris