ATPL in europe or FAA

Hello everyone, I’m planing to apply to an aviation academy in europe to get an Atpl and hope to get a job afterwards. But I’m still thinking about the Atpl or FAA or i have even a chance in Canada. So which license do you guys think i should go for ?
Also is it really matter, which nationalty do I have ? I have a syrian passport but I live currently in Germany and i have access to all europe

Thank you

Baraa,

It really comes down to where do you want (and can) to do your flying? If it’s Europe than it’s EASA, in the US it’s the FAA and then of course there’s every other country in the World. Know that to fly for an airline in the US you must either be a US citizen or have resident status. Like I said, I’d figure out where you plan to live and work, find out what they require and go for that.

Adam

1 Like

Dear Adam, thank you … well I do have visa for US as well so i can move and live there but since i speak german and little french i think europe is better than US when it comes to job opportonities … corrent me if im wrong

1 Like

Baraa,

No matter where you fly in the world all pilots MUST be “English Proficient” since the ICAO declared English to be the official language of aviation (so if yours is a little rough you want to start working on it). A visa is great to come visit and train but again to work for a US airline you MUST either be a US citizen or have residence status which is a much greater process than obtaining a visa. Also to do flight training in the US you have to have an extensive background check through the TSA. Thinking Europe might be easier for you.

Adam

1 Like