ATP Tuition to Increase by $2,000 this summer

Today I just got an email from the director of admissions for ATP saying I have until May 27th (my birthday :slight_smile: ) to schedule a start date in order to get the normal rate.

I’ve already decided to go Part 61 at a local flight school this summer and work towards my private; in fact I start my first official flight lesson next Monday so ATP is obviously out of the question now at least for a few months.

Why is ATP increasing their tuition rates?

Thomas

Thomas,

ATP hasn’t increased their tuition rates in many years. In fact, they have held the line steady while facing increasing costs. While the price of aviation gasoline has stabilized a bit in recent years, other costs have continued to rise, this includes airplane insurance costs, aircraft purchase costs, and instructor compensation, amongst many other things.

To be able to provide new equipment, high instructor compensation, a spotless maintenance record and so forth, ATP must raise tuition to keep pace with their expenses.

Chris

Thomas,

I second what Chris said AND feel the need to point out instructor pay is double what it was when I did the program while the cost of training has increased nominally.

Adam

1 Like

Thomas,

Anytime. When are you thinking that you will start the program?

Chris

Sounds like a good plan. Let us know how else we can help you.

Chris

1 Like

From my understanding, if you register before May 26th you will not be charged the new price beginning after that date. I would double check with admissions just to be safe.