ATP to offer Envoy Cadet Instructor Program?

I just heard word from ATP home office that Envoy and ATP are work on offering the Cadet Instructor program mid to late 2018. Have any of you heard anymore about this?

Taylor,

I hadn’t heard that but if it’s true (based on their current Cadet programs?), while it wouldn’t really be more money than the current Tuition reimbursement, it would offer those who sign on travel and medical benefits plus a 401K w/match which is pretty awesome considering the individuals are in the instructor time-building phase.

Crazy times we’re living in!

Adam

1 Like

Spoke to Air Wisconsin last weekend at a recruiting event. They offer similar benefits… I think ExpressJet does as well through their AP3 program.

Sergey,

I’m honestly very curious the reception you (as a Private Pilot) receive at these recruiting events? Not that long ago you would not have been permitted entry.

Adam

I was fortunate to be a part of a small career expo at a local flight school. They attracted about a dozen pilot recruiters from the regionals for their students and prospective students. It was very engaging to be able to discuss company culture, domicile seniority, upgrade times and so on with actual pilots for these airlines. I got to speak to Endeavor, Compass, Piedmont, Air Wisconsin, ExpressJet, Envoy, PSA, and Silver. It also allowed me to talk longevity at an airline after I have to retire at 65 considering my background in IAP and airspace analysis. Adam, I know you may be biased, but though I had my eye set on Envoy and PSA, the CRJ captain recruiter from ExpressJet made the best impression on me. So much so that we have touched base since, and I am now listed as a “pending” applicant with their AP3 program. The AP3 provides initial interview following attainment of my instrument rating and provides career guidance and training resources after. So, after I get an answer on my medical in June, I can enroll and get established as an active member of that program.
There’s another big expo coming up in Orlando shortly, and cost to attend that one is only $10. I recommend anyone in the Central FL location to attend.
BTW, the captain from Compass was going for the interview with Hawaiian this or next week… He maybe joining you guys!

1 Like

There is nothing official on Envoy at this time, but ATP is always evaluating such programs and trying to find the best options possible for their students.

Very interesting.

Adam

I’ve been to two envoy visits at ATP, one in December and on In January, and both recruiters said they are working with ATP to change over to the cadet program. I haven’t heard anything from ATP, so not sure when/if that will actually happen.

Hi! I just read this post and wanted to ask about information for that expo in Orlando. Has it passed already?

https://fapa.aero/pilot_job_fair.asp?conf=MCO18

Google is a wonderful thing…

Adam

Student Education and Careers in Aviation 2018 student experience is at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort on April 19.

Thank you for finding that FAPA event, Adam! I need to check that one out too.

Sergey,

I’m curious as to what ExpressJet said about their domicile seniority? Particularly if Cleveland was a junior location. I know Cleveland isn’t the most popular city, but it’s where I’m from and would love to be able to get it as my first base whenever I get through the program and have the hours.

Gavin

I’ll be really honest with you, I didn’t ask. I was interested in ATL so that’s what we discussed. Most regionals said their times to relocate to a new domicile were 3-6 months. I know for sure that even at SWA that time is less than 4 months because I looked into MCO as a base. I encourage you to reach out to their pilot recruiting and asking them directly. Be mindful that this situation is very fluid and will not remain the same as the hiring situation changes.

Gavin,

Sergey is correct as far as this being a very fluid environment. With all due respect you haven’t even started your training and are a few years away from what base you’re assigned being a consideration. The situation can and probably will change (and more than once). Fact is in that amount of time CLE might not even exist as a base.

Adam

Gavin,

From what I understand, Cleveland is a very senior base for ExpressJet as it used to be a large vase for them and no longer is. A lot of the senior pilots have stayed there.

Chris

I reached out to an Envoy recruiter and they are indeed working on implementing the Cadet Instructor Program with ATP. While building their time, cadets would get all the benefits that line pilots at Enjoy receive (health insurance, travel benefits, 401-k, greater bidding seniority). This is huge. As Adam said above - these ARE crazy times!!!

1 Like

That’s wild. I wonder what the selection and placement process for a program like that would look like, and how it might affect ATP’s current process. Also, I’m curious if this will turn into a trend for other regionals with ATP. The more options, the better… and just from a personal standpoint - if given the option, I’m not turning down full benefits to include travel perks with AA - all while still building time instructing. That’s an easy decision if given the opportunity.

Thank you for chasing down that answer for us! Great news!