ATP out of HS

I was asking because my uncle is the director of the aviation program for Nassau County BOCES. The cost does sound very reasonable, but to be fair I have only taken a quick look at the program. What jumped out to me was that all of the multi engine certificates are optional. Have you figured out how much those extra programs will cost you?

I don’t mean to sound sale pitchy, but $9k per semester times 8 semesters equals $72k in flight training and that does not include all of the certificates you will need. Contrast this to ATP which provides all of those licenses, plus 40 hours of multi engine time for $64k (plus housing costs). This then gets you into the ATP system with all of the hiring alliances they have. Just something to think about.

Chris

Thank you for the information, Chris. I just spoke to a pilot who recently graduated from the school. Basically, the multi engine money would be taken out of the $9000 per semester in the flight account.

@Chris & @Adam, I was looking back at this thread and wanted to provide an update on my progress. I entered Farmingdale in June 2017, and I will be graduating with my B.S. in Aeronautics and minor in Aviation Administration a year early this coming May. I transferred in with 30 credits from high school, and I am currently 20 years old. I now have my Commercial SEL/MEL/CFI/CFII and will be interviewing for the Envoy Cadet Instructor Program in a couple of weeks with an affiliated school located on the Island. Thank you for your sound advice a few years ago when I needed it most!

Andrew,

Glad things worked out well for you. Good luck with Envoy.

Adam

1 Like

Andrew,

I am glad it all worked out for you and thank you for the update :slight_smile:

Chris

1 Like