ATP Las Vegas

Hello all, I am curious to hear feedback from anyone who went to the Las Vegas, Nevada location. How were the instructors? What was life like at the school? How long were the days? What was the classwork like after school hours?

-MI

Matthew,

Keep in mind that ATP strives very hard to have all of their locations as identical as possible. There should be no difference when it comes to length of days, studying after hours, facilities, or really anything else. Also, the instructors that are there now will be gone the day they reach 1,500 hours and go to the airlines. I understand the desire to learn about the location, but I would strongly suggest that you just pick the one that makes the most sense for you and go for it, the experience should be nearly identical no matter where you go.

Chris

Alright thank you Chris. In a general question then, do you remember what your days were like? How long? etc. It will NOT influence my decision whether or not I will be an airline pilot of course I am just trying to get a taste for what i’ll encounter. Thanks.

-MI

Matthew,

Each day usually consists of a few hours of instructional time, then a few hours of flying or simulator work. There are some days that are less busy than others, but those days are best spent studying. There was usually time for a nice meal in the evening, which typically I made in my apartment.

The cross country phases consists of flying for several hours per day.

Chris

1 Like

Is it a 9-5 thing? and any weekend classes?

Matthew,

It can be 9-5, but can also extend earlier or later into the day depending on the task at hand. Weekends are optional, but I would recommend working them so you can finish up sooner.

Chris

Thanks for your help. I’m starting to get a better picture. And one last question, which may be a tough one to answer, what is the success rate of pilots getting hired to an airline upon graduation of ATP.

We do not haver that information as not every former student keeps in touch. Suffice it to say though, it is very high.

1 Like

Thank you Chris. You guys rock.