ATP Fleet Specifics

Hey everyone,
Just a quick easy question for those who have attended ATP Flight School. I’m about to start the 9 month program, and am doing as much studying as I can before I obtain the bundle package they send once deposit is made. Even small things like a cockpit poster hanging in my room! With that said, to buy one of those posters, you can get one very specific to the plane you’d like to study. Being how a Cessna 172 will be the first I fly, I’m looking to find if the ones primarily used are 172S NAVII, NAVII + MFD, NAV III G1000? I know approx 254 of their Cessna 172’s do have G1000, but not all…SO, out of those options above which do you think would be the most accurate to visually memorize the cockpit before getting inside one? Thanks for the help! Can’t wait to start!

Chase

Chase,

Have you chosen a location yet? If so, have you confirmed that location has 172s and not Archers?

My understanding is that most, if not all, the training 172s are G1000 cockpits. The 172s that are steam gauges are usually used for CFI training and Spin training.

If you are going to a location with Archers, they are all G500 with 2 Garmin 430s.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I know all the California locations are 6 pack 172s

Chase,

Not sure. I would focus on the written tests.

Tory

Chase,

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, I’m with Tory. You’ll benefit considerably more by focusing on and doing well on your writtens than trying to “memorize” which flight panel you may or may not be in. In fact I think it could actually be detrimental. The Law of Primacy states what we learn first has the greatest impact, you don’t want to start imprinting where you think what might be where before you actually know for certain and more important why.

Adam

I have to pile on here with Tory and Adam. Work on the writtens, I would not focus on cockpit diagrams.

Understood, and thanks everyone. The written exams are certainly my priority, and the advice you have given reenforces that importance. I’m doing Kings practice tests (free) in the meantime, until I receive all of the material. Thank you for the help!
Chase

Thanks Chris!
I will be based out of Scottsdale, AZ. I will confirm with them the fleet that they use today.
Chase

I believe they are all G1000 172S

More and more of the Archers are now G1000 equipped, been flying them since my start date when I first got to my location. Just took an Archer that had about 600 hours with G1000 from Texas to Connecticut for crew and moving another from North Carolina up the coast over the weekend.